Plant-Based Protein Waffles
I made a batch of waffles yesterday morning for brekky and put the leftovers in the freezer to be popped into the toaster throughout the week. Served with a big drizzle of organic maple syrup and some fresh berries. Yummo!
I always use Niulife coconut oil! I fell in love with Niulife, a social enterprise, when I started working in a healthfood store and sincerely recommend their range to everyone. Niulife products are certified organic, ethically produced and sustainably sourced with 100% of the profits going back to the Pacific Island communities which produce it.
• 1 1/4 cups almond meal
• 3/4 Bareblends Vanilla & Coconut Protein
• 1 cup arrowroot flour
• 4 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp Himalayan or Celtic Sea salt
• 3 flax eggs (1 tbsp ground flax seed + 3 tbsp hot water = 1 flax egg )
• ½ cup Niulife coconut oil, melted
• 1 cup almond milk (or preferred milk)
Mix ingredients together in a medium bowl. Let it rest for 10 mins. Cook in a lightly greased (I used melted coconut oil) waffle iron according to manufacturers instructions.