These granola tarts are magic for brunches and picnics alike, or if you're just wanting to spice up your brekky. I've used passion fruit, strawberries and blueberries but you can use whatever fruits are in season. I love nudie vanilla coconut yoghurt as a filling but you could try using my recipe for raw chocolate mousse to fill these yummy tarts.
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- ¼ sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey/maple syrup
- 1 tbs peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Coconut yoghurt (I like vanilla Nudie)
- Seasonal fruit to garnish
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees
- Melt honey, peanut butter and coconut oil in a saucepan over a low heat, combining well.
- Mix oats, sesame seeds, coconut, chia seeds and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Divide mixture into greased tart tins or a lined muffin tray. Use a spoon to press the mixture as firmly as possible, creating a hollow for the filling.
- Bake for about 15 minutes- monitoring closely so they don’t get too dark.
- Remove from the oven and use the back of a spoon to press in the tarts to reinforce the hollow.
- Allow to completely cool before removing from tins/tray.
- Add vanilla nudie coconut yoghurt into each tart and top with seasonal fruit.