Shakshouka w Adzuki Beans
Serves 3-6 // 5min prep time // 20min cooking time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 4 cups ripe tomatoes, diced (or 2 cans diced
- 2 cans adzuki beans
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped herbs (optional, to garnish)
- Heat a large frying pan on medium. Sauté onion in olive oil until it begins to soften and add garlic and continue to sauté until fragrant.
- Add capsicum and sauté for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add tomatoes, beans and spices and simmer over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until the mixture begins to reduce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Crack the eggs, one at a time, directly over the tomato mixture, spacing them evenly.
- Cover the pan. Allow the mixture to simmer for another 5- 10 or until eggs are cooked.