Mega Vegetarian Chilli
Making big pots of vegetarian chilli has always been my go to. Chillis are great to do in big batches because the complex flavours mature so beautifully over time making them better with age. Chillis are a great way to do a fridge clear out- really anything goes with this one and it's easily adapted to seasonal variation and personal preference of produce. This recipe is packed with veggies and plant protein so of course it's a winner!
Serves 6-10 // 15 mins preparation // 60mins cooking time
- 2 brown onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 red capsicums diced
- 2 cans preferred beans (black, white, adzuki or kidney beans)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ tsps sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 1 ½ tsp coriander
- 2 pinches Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Brown off onions in a pan with coconut oil.
2. Add garlic, celery, carrots, capsicums, tomatoes, beans, and spices to your pot.
3. Cook on medium for 1 hour or until all vegetables are have cooked through and mixture has thickened. Stirring regularly.
4. Add salt, taste and adjust seasonings as required.
5. To serve try sour cream, yoghurt, grated cheddar, crumbled feta, spring
onions, coriander, fresh salsa or avocado.