Spiced Chilli Hot Chocolate
This raw cacao hot chocolate is spicy, chocolately bliss, and it’s the perfect pick-me- up for a chilly afternoon. Chilli and cinnamon are both circulatory stimulants, which means they improve the blood flow throughout the body and have a heating effect on the body. Not only is raw cacoa antioxidant rich and packed with essential minerals but it has a mood boosting effect due to it’s phenylethylamine component- a natural mild alkaloid.
Serves 2 // 5 mins cooking
- 1 1/2 cups milk – your choice of milk almond, coconut, cow
- 1 cup water
- 1 heaped tablespoon raw cacao
- 1 pinch of ground chilli
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, rice malt syrup or maple syrup (optional/ to taste)
- pinch sea salt
1. Combine milk, water, cocoa, chilli, cinnamon and into a small pot.
2. Heat gently.
3. Pour into 2 serving mugs and enjoy.
4. Sweeten to taste with raw honey, rice malt syrup or maple syrup.